After much preparation, I've made the move this morning over to the BlogEngine.Net platform, which gives me dramatically more control than my old Blogger.com platform.
Some of my favorite new features:
- Easy master pages based themes
- Code behind!
- Nice Search and APML support
- Ability to have multiple pages
I've implemented some pretty neat features here, and have a lot more work to do over the next few days. I'll be blogging about some of them, such as:
- How to automatically create a tinyURL so people can more easily tweet your post
- How to use URL Rewriting in IIS7 to rewrite URL's that aren't managed extensions (e.g. HTML)